The ever-high awareness of the environment in many parts of the globe has led to increased individuals seeking techniques to put their green beliefs into reality.
One of the simplest techniques to efficiently minimize your carbon footprint is using solar power for outdoor lights.
Solar Power lights are the next technological breakthrough. Cost-efficient interior and outdoor illumination are a new, modern technology that cannot be compared to traditional lighting ways — offering many advantages. Y
ou may, however, have several questions about this subject. You’ll discover the perfect option right here.
This article will provide you with all the essential facts regarding Solar Power Lighting that you may need. You’ll learn about the advantages, buying guide, and how to install it step by step. Here’s all you need to know about selecting and utilizing solar energy for outdoor lighting.
- What is Solar Powered Lighting?
- Why should you choose Solar Power for Outdoor Lighting?
- Factors to consider before switching over to Solar Power.
- Choose the Correct Solar Power Outdoor Light
- Tips for Buying Solar Power Outdoor Lights
- Final Thoughts
What is Solar Powered Lighting?
When sunlight strikes the top surface of a solar panel, it is transformed into DC power via the photovoltaic conversion process.
The produced power is used to illuminate the light, maybe immediately during daylight hours, or be saved in storage batteries for use later in the evening when there is no sunlight.
The image displays and explains the fundamental building blocks of a solar-powered outdoor lighting system. The system consists of a photovoltaic module (Solar Panel), a charge controller, a lithium battery, an inverter, and a lamp.
Why should you choose Solar Power for Outdoor Lighting?
For both residential and commercial premises, outdoor lighting offers a range of functions and advantages. It may add flair, complement a structure, create the ideal mood for a hosted event, and provide a presentation that protects against possible and harmful risks.
Here are five reasons you should think about using solar electricity for your outdoor lights.
- Environmentally friendly: The use of solar lighting plays an integral part in minimizing today’s global carbon footprint derived from non-renewable sources of energy. Solar-powered lights employ renewable technology, which reduces the difficulties created by the depletion of resources on our planet.
- Affordable: The most significant benefit of solar illumination is its affordability. Even though they sometimes come with a greater upfront cost, the finest solar lights will ultimately pay for themselves over time since they utilize just sunlight as an energy source.
- Unlimited Power Source: Another fantastic thing about going solar is its infinite supply that does not need more resources. As long as you reside in a region with sunshine, you may use solar lights to generate power throughout the day.
- Little maintenance: With solar lights, you don’t have to worry about costly or time-consuming maintenance requirements. The solar light systems need just a few check-ups and cleaning each year so that you can expect trouble-free service for many years.
- Wide variety of styles: Solar lighting has various designs, forms, sizes, and sorts. They were all made to be attractive to the eye and the senses. Overall, solar motion light is impressive, and there are quite a few options to choose from.
Factors to consider before switching over to Solar Power.
Now that you are aware of the benefits of switching over to Solar Power, you should consider some critical factors to ensure you can get the most out of it.
Understand your location: The location or area you want to put the solar power system can significantly influence its performance. It is only possible to get reliable solar power for your needs if you reside in a location where sunshine is consistent.
Find the right spot: You should also know where you will install your solar panel assembly. Whatever sort of solar power kit you choose for your house, you must ensure no barrier between the panels and the sun.
Select the right Solar Panel: When switching to off-grid solar power systems, the first thing to consider is the panel type. There are two types of panels available in the market:
Monocrystalline: These are composed of homogeneous crystals derived from big, pure silicone crystal bars. Due to the uniformity of the panels, they are more efficient, resulting in less wasted space.
These panels can absorb large amounts of solar energy under bright sunshine. However, absorption decreases as the amount of light available decreases.
Polycrystalline: These are crystal panels that have been refined and molded. These are less efficient than monocrystalline panels but are less priced.
Both panels have distinct characteristics. You must choose the most appropriate one for your requirements and budget.
Storage of generated Power: Consider purchasing a solar panel and battery combo with a high milliampere-hour (mAh) capacity. Measure the luminaire’s energy demand, then compare it to the amount of solar panel energy the panel produces.
Maintain battery capacity so that the lamp has adequate battery capacity to provide bright light for many hours.
Choose the Distribution pattern: In most situations, there exist two distribution patterns, symmetrical and asymmetrical. In symmetrical lighting, a lighting pattern may be distributed in a concentrated or even a circular shape.
It is primarily used in landscaping. Asymmetrical lighting is often used to illuminate paths and is advantageous in cases where security is a priority since it is given in a narrow and elongated format.
Choose the Correct Solar Power Outdoor Light
Solar lighting technology has advanced significantly, and consumers seeking eco-friendly lighting solutions are drawn to solar lighting systems’ trendy looks.
It is essential to educate yourself on all aspects of outdoor solar lighting before purchasing as a buyer.
Given that the dealer may provide you with a selection of solar goods, it is best to prevent misunderstanding and ensure your demands.
Type of Solar Power Light
All-in-one solar lights are a new kind of illumination that includes solar panels, a charge controller, a battery, and an LED into a single device.
These motion-activated lights turn on in the evening and automatically fade to 20% brightness after a 30-second delay.
Motion sensors detect infrared waves emitted by moving objects and switch lights on electrically to full brightness. After a time delay, if no activity is seen in the area, the lights are automatically dimmed to 20%.
Integrated solar lights or split solar lights have the solar panel separate from the battery and luminaire. These lights do not include motion sensors, although two types are available.
Type 1 works at full brightness from dusk to dawn, whereas Type 2 runs at maximum brightness during the first four hours and then at a reduced level of intelligence till sunrise.
Brightech Ambience Pro – Waterproof, Solar Power Outdoor String Lights
- Durable LED Solar Powered Outdoor String Lights: 48 ft long string lights with 15 LED lights and detachable solar panel with on/off switch located on the back. 3' between bulbs and between the solar panel and first bulb. The lit portion is 42 feet long. LED bulbs last 20,000 hours and solar panel is rated at 1,000 charge lifespan (can last approximately 2.5 years). Direct sunlight is best for a full charge, though you can get some use from charging in indirect light.
- Commercial Grade WeatherProof Patio Lights with Shatterproof S14 Bulbs: Brightech’s Ambience Pros hanging String light has our WeatherTite technology - withstood winds up to 50MPH, rain & snow. The bulbs are shatterproof plastic shells, with heat resistance up to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. Flexible heavy-duty cord withstands the wear of indoor and outdoor use.
- Flexible Installation & Widely used Patio Lights: Solar patio lights string doesn't require an outlet, place the solar panel almost anywhere with the included stake and clip. Brightech outdoor decorative bistro lights can be used in different scenarios such as balcony terrace, garden, Bistro, pergola, gazebo, tent, barbecue, city roof, market, cafe, umbrella, dinner, wedding, birthday, party etc.
LEDs are like miniature light bulbs arranged in succession on an electrical circuit. An LED bulb emits light because of electrons passing through a semiconductor substance.
Due to the absence of a filament, these bulbs endure an extremely long period and emit no waste heat. Most LEDs have a normal life of up to 100,000 hours, while an incandescent bulb typically lasts approximately 3,000 hours.
It is an essential component of solar light that differentiates a good solar light from poor light. The wiring system dictates the efficiency of transforming stored power to light. Enhanced circuitry ensures a longer-lasting, brighter solar light.
How many hours the light will shine is mainly determined by the quality and integration of the components outlined above. The run duration might be as little as an hour or as long as a few days.
They are either manually switched on or include a photosensor that activates the light when darkness falls.
Whether a solar light is simply practical or has a cosmetic appeal, the housing must be weatherproof and resist ultraviolet (UV) degradation. Assembly should be kept to a minimum.
The solar panel is an essential component of the light itself in most situations.
In addition to mounting the solar panel on a separate device, you may also be able to attach it to the spot you want to use it and place the panel in a location where it will receive the most sunlight.
Tips for Buying Solar Power Outdoor Lights
Now that you have decided to buy solar power outdoor light, here are some tips that you should follow:
Determine the area to be illuminated.
Solar-powered lights may be placed to illuminate a vast area, whether it is in your own backyard or a public location.
A space of 10 to 15 meters between poles is recommended to provide an even and appropriate dispersion of light.
Ascertain that the site where the solar lights will be installed receives enough direct sunshine and is not obscured by tall buildings or trees.
Analyze your needs.
You must know your basic needs before buying a Solar Power Outdoor Light.
You can follow this basic guideline:
- 100 Lumens is considered sufficient illumination for most sidewalks, including those on commercial properties—equivalent to around 20 watts.
- 50 Lumens is typically enough to add depth, color, and interest to your lawn, pathway, driveway, fence, and other areas.
- 75 Lumens is the optimal illumination level for gatherings—it is neither too bright nor too dark for your events.
Solpex 12 Pack Solar Ground Lights
- 【Higher Brightness & Lighting All Night】Equipped with 8 high power LEDs and wider solar panel, Solpex solar ground lights are brighter than other 4-6 LED outdoor solar lights. Although charging and work time will change depending on the weather, each solar disk light typically illuminates for 8-10 hours after 4-6 hours of charging.
- 【Automatic On & Off】solar disk lights outdoor automatically turn on in darkness and turn off in daytime or in bright areas, adding the perfect amount of light to your courtyard, garden, sidewalk, patio, corridor or pathway.
- 【Improved Waterproof Rating】Adopted IP44 grade waterproof design and unique stainless steel lamp shell with 6 screws fixed means you don’t have to worry about heavy rain, snow, frost or sleet.
Advertising may be deceptive, be skeptical.
Since increasing numbers of individuals are leaning towards acquiring solar power lights, many companies have entered this business. With many commercial advertisements, they are trying to influence the customers.
You should, however, keep a cool head since there are no guarantees that the advertising will hold to its claims. Look for suggestions, and you’ll always be on the right track.
You should talk to people you know, relatives, neighbors, or coworkers about if they have a solar power outdoor light. It is vital to find more about the brand or firm they have selected. It would be best if you asked them a couple of questions like
- The standard of performance provided
- Ease of installation
- If they faced any issue.
Once you have enough explanations, choose a firm or brand.
Know your budget’s limits and be practical.
It would be best to comprehend that you may genuinely save enormous amounts for the future with this one-time investment. Your energy expenses will be substantially lowered.
The minimum maintenance fees you would ordinarily have to pay for conventional power systems are all you have to pay for.
Therefore, pick the top-quality ones to be long-lasting to ensure that you don’t have to spend much on these Solar Power Lights for repair or maintenance.
Look for certifications.
This is one of the most important tips to remember while shopping for solar lights. Look for its certifications. It applies to all types of solar power lights you consider purchasing.
The certificates show what kind of testing was done on the panels. Certain kinds will result in government subsidies. If you want to save money, go for subsidized merchandise.
The final but not least significant consideration is the solar power system’s warranty. In reality, this is a perplexing element. Many firms provide an extended warranty, sometimes up to 25 years.
However, the firms do not have a reliable service or commercial grip in the nation, and you may not receive the required assistance when required.
Instead, choose a reputable manufacturer that provides a replacement guarantee for large or small solar panels for household usage.
Although sophisticated, the solar lighting system is one of the simplest in the world. It’s specifically designed to harness the sun’s power and turn it into electricity, so it doesn’t need any cables or power sources.
Because of this, it’s ideal for places that are outside and away from utilities.
So, it’s time now for you to switch from domestic power production and consumption to solar power systems. It is the most environmentally friendly solution, and the planet needs this changeover.
Save your money, save your planet too. Be ready for a world that must transition to an off-grid style of living in the near future.